What is Astar(ASTR) | Data, market cap and Astar price chart, data and market cap (ASTR) .
Please wait, we are loading chart data
|#||Exchange||Pair||Price||Volume (24h)||Updated||Trust Score|
What is Astar?
Astar Network (formerly known as Plasm) is a DApp hub that supports EVM, WebAssembly, and layer 2 solutions such as ZK Rollups on Polkadot. With the goal of becoming a multi-chain Smart contract platform, supporting multiple blockchains and virtual machines, Astar allows developers to create any application on an open source, scalable and Web 3.0 compatible infrastructure.
Highlights of Astar
Astar offers the ultimate solution that solves the problems of scalability, interoperability and rewards for developers.
- Scalability: Astar improves fast transaction speed with cheaper transaction costs, faster confirmation process.
- Interoperability: Astar is compatible with Polkadot, offering interoperability between smart contracts written in multiple languages.
- Developer rewards: Astar’s Build2Earn model empowers developers to receive rewards through a dApp Staking mechanism for code and DApps to be built.
Astar (ASTR) Token
- Token Name: ASTR
- Ticker: ASTR
- Blockchain: Astar blockchain.
- Token type: Governance & Utility
- Total Supply: 7,000,000,000 ASTR
- Circulating Supply: 3,819,701,489
- Users and initial investors: 30%
- Parachain Auctions: 20%
- Protocol development: 10%
- Early Financial Assistance Partners: 10%
- Founding team: 10%
- Parachain Auction Reserve: 5%
- On-Chain DAO: 5%
- Marketing: 5%
- Staff: 5%
Token Use Cases
ASTR is a utility token of the Astar network with 3 main functions as follows:
- Payment of transaction fees**:** ASTR is used to pay gas fees and execute smart contracts.
- Governance: ASTR token holders have the right to participate in voting for referendum activities on the network and nominate council members.
- Staking DApps: ASTR holders can stake ASTR on DApps to receive tokens. Besides, DApps developers will receive rewards based on the amount of staking. App developers will receive ASTR from creating smart contracts and infrastructure for the Astar community.
Q1 – 2022
- Astar Network Launch
- Anyswap bridge integration into Astar portal
- Astar portal redesign
- Astar Incubator Program
- Build2Earn proposal for donations
- DApps Staking Build2Earn tokenomics
- Collator Monitoring
- FinOps Infrastructure
- ZK-Plonk Web3 Grant Fund
- Ink contract support! on parachain
- XCM integration
- Astar Packing
- Set up tools for EVM.
Q2 – 2022
- Add Arthswap to Astar Portal
- Improved Astar Portal performance
- A learning center for Dapp developers
- XCM Client Library
- Indicators measuring staking performance on Dapp
- New Astar homepage
- On-chain governance
- Support Ask! and other WASM contract languages
- WASM Contract Tool
- xVM protocol test with EVM.
Q3 – 2022
- Integration of key bridges with Astar Portal
- Layer 2 Developer Tools
- Staking administration on Dapp
- Test the application running on Layer 2
- xVM protocol test with WASM
- Testing staking multiple tokens on Dapps
Q4 – 2022
- Astar’s consensus mechanism
- Astar Academy Certificate
- xVM client library
- Support for XCM Staking Dapps
- Partnerships with Layer 2 projects
- xVM protocol test with XCM
Astar Network is built and developed by a team of experienced engineers in the field of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency market such as Sota Watanabe, Takumi Yamasshita, Masaharu Uno and Task Ohmori,…
Stake Technologies, the company behind Plasm Network and Shiden Network, raised $10 million in a funding round led by Fenbushi Capital. On 6/9/2021, the project announced to spend 30 million USD to build the Astar/Shiden ecosystem development fund with a value of $ 30 million. Besides, Astar Network cooperates with many famous investment funds such as Binance Labs, Longhash Venture, Block Dream Fund, Hashkey Capital, Stake Technologies, Paka, Digital Finance Group,…
With scalability and compatibility between different blockchains, Astar Network promises many development prospects in the Polkadot ecosystem, empowering DApps developers through the Build2Earn reward mechanism. It can be seen that ASTR is a potential investment in the future, but traders need to learn about the project and carefully consider the factors of opportunity and risk to make the right decision.