Along with the expansion of blockchain, the Aptos project has been developed and attracted the attention of a large crypto community and investment funds.
This ecosystem offers a lot of opportunities for those who know how to seize it. In the following article, Ecoinomic.io will provide the necessary information about wallets on the Aptos ecosystem.
What is Aptos?
Aptos is a layer 1 blockchain using the Move programming language. Aptos provides a solution for reliability, usability and scalability, overcoming the limitations of current layers 1.
Aptos can offer transaction speeds of up to 130K TPS with a very low transaction fee that enhances the user experience.
What is Aptos Wallet?
Similar to other blockchains, in order for users to connect and interact with the network and applications on this emerging ecosystem, we also need the support of third-party cryptocurrency wallet software.
Currently, there are many types of wallets that support the Aptos network, but in this article, Ecoinomic.io will introduce you to the three easiest wallets to use: Pontem Wallet, Fewcha Wallet, Martian Wallet.
>>> Related: What is a cryptocurrency wallet?
How to use the wallet on Aptos
- Step 1: Install Potem Aptos Wallet on your browser at this link.
- Step 2: Select [Create Wallet] to create a new wallet.
- Step 3: Enter your password and confirm it.
- Step 4: Click [Resolve] to get recovery passphrase.
- Step 5: Select [I saved my recovery passphrase] and choose [Next].
Note: This is the passphrase to restore the wallet, you should store in a safe place.
Pontem wallet has been successfully installed.
- Step 1: Install Potem Fewcha Wallet on your browser at this link.
- Step 2: Similar to Pontem Wallet, select [Create a new wallet] when you want to create a new wallet. If you already have a wallet, select [Import secret recovery phrase] or [Import private key] to log in to the wallet.
- Step 3: Enter and confirm your password and select [Import]. Here, Ecoinomic will re-import the passphrase from the created wallet from Pontem Wallet.
- Step 3: Choose the right network. Fewcha currently supports all four Devnet and Testnet networks of Aptos and SUI. You can choose the network depending on the purpose of use. Then select [Continue].
This allows you to successfully connect to Aptos using the Fewcha wallet.
- Step 1: Install Martian Wallet on your browser at this link.
- Step 2: Select [Create a new wallet] to create a new wallet or select [I already have a wallet] if you already have one.
Follow the same steps as Pontem and Martian wallets to continue logging in.
Note, you don’t necessarily have to choose all three wallets to use aptos network, you can choose one of these three wallets according to your preferences.
Aptos promises to become a layer 1 blockchain that offers innovative solutions that overcome the limitations of Ethereum and Solana.
This article has guided you to install wallets on Aptos, the first step to enter the ecosystem. In the next articles, Ecoinomic will bring you projects with the opportunity to Airdrop in the future.