Despite huge profits, HYIP investments also have many potential risks. What is HYIP? Let’s find out in the article below!
What does HYIP mean?
HYIP (High-Yield Investment Program) is an investment program that promises high returns, offering high interest rates from 0.01% to 100% per day to attract investors.
The way HYIP works is based on a project/website that raises funds from individual investments to gather and invest in another field.
However, huge profits also come with great potential risks. Investors can lose part or all of their assets without investment knowledge and discipline.
Many unlicensed individuals and organizations have taken advantage of this investment form to carry out fraudulent investment schemes, taking money from new investors to pay existing investors.
HYIP investment types
- Short-term: a few days with interest rates ranging from 30% to 100% per day, usually paid by the hour.
- Medium term: period from 1 week to several months with interest rates from 1% to 10%/day.
- Long-term: 1-3 years with interest rates ranging from 30% to 300%/year.
Is HYIP a Ponzi scheme?
A number of high-yield investment programs are Ponzi schemes, forms of fraudulent investment, the capital of new investors is used to pay profits to previous investors. In fact, no investments exist, and the project does not make a profit.
Many HYIP scams have caused investors to lose money, even lose all their assets.
>> Related: What is Ponzi? Learn about Ponzi scheme
However, not all HYIP projects are Ponzi schemes. Several protocols have implemented liquidity mining which helps traders earn passive income from depositing cryptocurrencies into liquidity pool.
Features of HYIP scam
- Promises high profits and high interest rates.
- Business activities and transactions are not publicly transparent. In fact, the investment project has no real business and does not generate real profits.
- The portfolio is unclear.
- The website may not provide important legal information: contacts, terms and conditions, privacy policies and legal disclosures. Besides, the website with low lifespan, sketchy interface, free domain, low traffic will has a lot of fraud risks.
Is HYIP potential investment?
Depending on different risk appetites, investors can make a decision to invest in HYIP or not. Risk-averse and experienced investors in the market can consider investing and implementing a risk management strategy when deciding to invest in HYIP.
However, new investors entering the market should not join HYIP because high returns carry great risks. Investors may deal with the risk of losing their assets if they put all their capital into HYIP investment.
To avoid HYIP scam, users should not provide personal information to strange websites and install anti-computer protection software. Investors should beware of online HYIP investment programs with promises of huge profits, little or no risk that seems too good to be true. Therefore, investors need to carefully analyze the reports, operating models and make sure it is a legitimate investment established by a reliable organization.
>>> Related: How to sign up for Binance update 2022
HYIP is a potential investment that brings huge returns and is suitable for adventurous investors. However, investors need to carefully consider to preserve capital, implement effective risk management strategies to avoid the risk of losing assets.